Ephrain woke up the next morning to find a woman sitting on the floor, curled up with her arms and head on the foot of his bed. He sat straight up, then talked to himself, “Okay, girl in my room. This is strange. No, Ephrain. Calm down.” He pokes her to see if she is awake. “She is asleep. I hope I did not ‘see’ her last night. Maybe she walked in on her own. Yeah, she walked in on her own.” He then picked her up, placing her on his bed where he had been only moments before. He leaned over and looked into her face realizing that it was Rowena. Then he covered her up and left the room, in shock.
Rowena awoke to find herself in Ephrain’s room. “The first task is done. How good this it,” she said in a hushed voice. “Oh, my treasured one, you are still here.” She whispered as she began to finger a small blue bottle, on a gold chain around her slender neck. “I shall soon have my revenge.”
Right as Ephrain returned into the room, Rowena laid her head back down to make it look as though she had been asleep the whole time. She then blinked open her eyes and said, “Oh, hello.”
Ephrain looked at her and replied, “Umm…here is breakfast.”
“Thank you very much, that was thoughtful of you.” While saying this Rowena looked into Ephrain’s mesmerizing blue eyes and smiled.
“Why are you in my house, or even in my room for that matter?” He asked this with a charming tenderness, and tried not to sound too harsh.
“Well I suppose the answer to that question is…well…,” she said all of this very nervously. “Because I have enjoyed watching you ever since we were children. Besides, I have always wished that you would notice me, so what better way than this?” Ephrain looked at her in surprised awe. “Here is a token of my appreciation for breakfast.” As Rowena placed her hand on her neck, she pulled out, from under the neckline of her dress, a necklace. This necklace had a circle charm split into ten portions, like a pie. She handed the necklace to Ephrain.
No comments:
Post a Comment