Friday, January 6, 2012

Invitation

Good Evening to all of my readers...
I suppose I did leave you with a mysterious man watching the young woman yesterday. That shall be the writing prompt for today.

Never noticing the man sitting across the room, she sat on the overstuffed couch and folded a few shirts while contemplating getting up to get a cup of the coffee she smelled. She walked through the living room to the kitchen and poured a cup of coffee. Adding creamer from the white double door-ed refrigerator, she enjoyed the calm of being in her favorite room. 


Peeking around the corner, the man cleared his throat and the coughed once. She jumped in place, shaken by the unexpected sound. Her coffee burnt her hand and she had to rush to the sink. All the while catching a glimpse of the intruder. 


"Who are you and what do you want?" 


"Well, no need to be rude. I am just the next door neighbor who came to introduce himself to the pretty girl next door."


"Cause that's not creepy at all." She mumbled under her breath.


"Your mother told me to just wait here and you would be done shortly, so here I am. Your siblings have been running around a bit, is that normal?" 


Laughing almost hysterically, assuming this was some sort of prank that her friends had set up, she replied, "No that's normal at all. They usually just sit here quietly all day, doing absolutely nothing."


"Wow, a sense of sarcasm... you are surely on a roll today."


"So... what can I help you with today Mr. ?"


"Mr. Schanoski, and I really just came over to make introductions. I need to be going to work now, but your mother invited me to a dinner party tomorrow evening, you will be there?"


In a very dry sarcastic higher than normal voice, "Oh yes. There is simply no way of getting out of my mother's dinner parties."

No comments:

Post a Comment