Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The start of something new...

New great idea for this blog... I am going to start a short story. I know this blog started out as a poetry and short works type of blog but what if I make it more fun to read and possibly keep up with?
What do you think?


As the tree was being taken back up the stairs to the attic, she noticed a small glass brightly coloured ball had fallen to the floor. Thinking about which box this ornament belonged in, her brother pushed her shoulder sharply. 


"Hey! What was that for?"


"Just because." This was normal behavior from him. He had recently turned 13 and the amount of disrespect grew everyday. 


She tried to ignore her sibling and found the right box for the ornament under a few smaller boxes that were all full of Christmas decorations. 


"Why does Christmas always end sad, never happy?" said her 17 year old sister who was finishing pushing the huge tree into the box it had been bought in. 


"I guess it would have to do with the fact that we always end up playing with our new toys for like two or three days and then go right back into our everyday mundane routines." She secretly wished that next Christmas would be a million times better than this one was. It wasn't the gifts, they were exactly right. It wasn't who was there, they were all people she loved. It was just the overall feeling of Christmas that was completely absent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment