This poem hit me on my way to checking my mail box today, in passing several couples that looked twitterpated, completely infatuated with each other, like they were the only two on the side walk. I do love to see couples like this, but sometimes I wonder about the relationship there and when they may have met. Emotions come and go, many girls expect the relationship to become more, but is that really fair to that other person. What if what we need, what they need is just a companion, not a long lasting love but just someone there for this time in their lives. (No this is not what I am doing in my life, I am speaking completely from a writer's point of view and what I have noticed. As I shall probably explain on my non-cw blog) So here is my poem that I randomly came up with today, I know it needs a lot of work and may strike up some questions.
to want to be with them that instant on impulse
it is spring and maybe its not love in the air,
something else, a need, a longing
definantly something is floating on the the breeze
that comes just before summer.
They say we should love and live and just go with the feeling.
If we do that these emotions may not last
it will be just a fling
what if I want more
what if what I long after is forever
just to feel "right" around someone.
He will never feel the same
or at least not the same moment that I feel this way.
So we will just learn to expect nothing,
after the moment passes
just to go on with our lives
as if nothing happened out of the ordinary.
No comments:
Post a Comment