Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The start of something new...

Hello Again Bloggers!!
I have decided to begin a creative writing blog to showcase some of my work, and to have a place to just let the creative thoughts go. So to start off with I guess I will post a few poems for today.



Unexpected moments
 My chest feels it will explode
any minute.
Maybe it is panic, maybe it is something more.
Rushing flashes of light fill the air
around me as I gaze upwards.
That is the only way I can look, I can’t move my neck at all.
The weird green and pink colors fly around.
Strange tubes are forced into my body.
Shouts of “Move, he’s coding” fill the air above me.
What does that mean?
The random faces try to reassure me with crinkles of sincerity around the eyes.
Where am I?


Untitled
Next time you’ll notice the zombies walking all around campus.
Earbuds in, not paying much attention to people or cars around them.
Completely zoned out.
Occasionally they take a look at their phones,
Checking the time or texting,
That’s when you know.
As they cross in front of traffic or pass in front of bikes,
Almost as if they are looking for a near death experience today. 

1 comment: